Save the Date – 1 / 2 / 3 December 2023
Exciting news! – we have booked Sonwyserskop campsite situated 40 km from Piketberg for the weekend of 1 / 2 / 3 December 2023 for our annual club Christmas weekend!
The campsite has been booked exclusively for our group for the weekend, so we hope to see many of you on this special weekend outing! And this year is extra special as it is the 25th anniversary of the club so please ”Save the Date” and join us – we would love to see you there!
- 20 Stands (some smaller than others.) Between 8m x 5m and 5m x 5m.
- All with ordinary house power. (Three-point socket)
- All the stands have a tap for water. (Delicious fresh spring water – think “Valpre-on-tap”.)
- The boma / braai circle has a large central fireplace as well as 4 braais surrounding it.
- About 70 people can sit around the central firepit area.
- 2 Ablution buildings, each with 2 family bathrooms, a separate toilet, and a washing-up area.
- Each family bathroom has a shower, basin, and a toilet.
- We provide 2 rolls of toilet paper daily per toilet.
- The bathrooms are also cleaned daily.
- For privacy, the bathrooms can be locked from the inside with a key. (The key will be in the door on your arrival.)
- The bathrooms have hot and cold water.
- 4 LED lights are installed above the braai area in the boma.
- 10WATT LED lights are in the trees at the stands. If the light bothers you while you want to sleep, it can be switched off individually.
- The lights of the bathrooms have day night switches and automatically switches on when it gets dark enough outside.
- For safety, all children must always have parental supervision.
- No drinking water at the dam.
- The kayak may be used. Please treat it as your own. 2 Rowing oars and 2 lifejackets are provided.
- If the dam is full, the deepest point is 12m.
- Don’t dive in headfirst.
- Where the blue drum is floating, is the outlet of the dam. We ask that it be left alone. Thank you.
- In summertime the dam levels might be lower, but there can still be plenty of water to have fun. Remember your floaties. It’s a lot of fun.
- There are a few swings and climbing ropes for the kids (or grown-ups!). Use at own risk.
Hike/ mountain bike:
- Please explore the surrounding area. It’s beautiful here. There are 3 routes. One next to the river, one on the ESKOM road up the mountain and one to a waterfall (Also the source of our drinking water.)
- Refrain from moving between the farm buildings and houses.
- The 12km dirt road up to the farm can be corrugated. We do not advise road caravans to drive on the road.
- The last 2km on the farm is much better.
- Please be mindful not to start a wildfire. In summer the field will burn easily. If you want to smoke, do so wisely. Only make fire in designated places and put the fire out when no one is near the fire.
- We sell eucalyptus wood at R1/piece. Please arrange in advance if you want wood.