12 – 27 February 2022
Day 1 – Saturday 12th Feb.
- Early risers from Cape Town arrived in Heidelberg a little later than anticipated! 6 of us were already there having spent a night in a comfortable guesthouse.
- From Heidelberg up the Gymanshoek Pass which was sadly gutted by fire, some still burning high up, sad to see much devastation.
- Next pass Uitspan, where at the Gouritz River crossing a few guys managed a very welcome swim, the temperature showing 40 degrees.
- Dave had a few problems with a pipe popping off but managed to fix it eventually.
- The camp at Minwater lived up to its name.